Saturday, May 29, 2010

Days 7 and 8

Was too tired to post yesterday, so will combine two days in one blog. Spent Friday looking at Beaver Lake area and a few homes. I have revised my search method. I now spend more time looking at/analyzing the lake and surrounding area and less time looking at homes. I figure that once I decide that I want to live on a certain lake I can move there and take my time looking for the "perfect" home or lot. I look at just enough homes in my price range to determine whether my type of home can be purchased in that area at my price range. Seems to make more sense and is less frustrating.

Spent this morning looking at the Table Rock Lake area. Only saw 3 homes. Have decided that Beaver and Table Rock are still in the running.

Drove to Texarkana, TX. (look it up), where I stopped for the night. Will drive the remaining 3 hours to Toledo Bend Lake which is south of Shreveport an straddles the La./TX border. May spend a couple of days there looking at the La. homes and then the TX. homes.

I am well ahead of my schedule. Will probably end up in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area with more than 10 days left before my 6/12 return flight. I'm thinking that I will ultimately decide to rent a lake home somewhere in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area so I'll have somewhere to go on 7/1. Then if I want to return to a lake I have visited on this trip, I can easily do it from my Dallas base camp.

That's all for now. I miss all of you; and wish you could be here helping me with my decision.

Love, Dad

3 comments:

  1. we miss you too! I think you're new strategy makes a TON of sense. But I'm not gonna lie, was TOTALLY bummed when you didn't blog the other night! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's obvious that I continue to spoil you. I will have to stop that.

    ReplyDelete