Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 1

Flew to Atlanta, then drove 150+ miles to Guntersville Lake in Alabama. My GPS must have wanted me to see the countryside in GA and AL because it took me on every country (read 2 lane) road possible. Very pretty country: gentle rolling green hills and thick forests, interspersed with large and small farms.

Lunch in car was Monster and peanut butter crackers. But had a traditionally greasy southern dinner of fried catfish, corn bread, "hush puppies" and fried onion rings washed down with a margarita. There was even a large aquarium in the restaurant lobby filled with giant bass and crappie.



I meet with a realtor to look at lots and homes ( to buy and rent). I can see the lake from my hotel room. From what I have seen so far it is very pretty. Will learn more tomorrow.

Now to bed and dreams of the "perfect lake home", if one exists outside of my mind.

1 comment:

  1. HA! I actually LOL'd at your lunch of Monster and peanut butter crackers. Ah memories of our last lake house road trip. REALLY want to see pictures of all this stuff, it sounds BEAUTIFUL. If you want to a quick lesson in how to upload a photo just gimme a call. LOVE YOU and am SO proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete