Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 9

Toledo Bend Lake... La. and TX sides completed today. Lots and homes are less expensive, but nearest airport ( Shreveport) is 2 hours away; and you can't get anywhere from Shreveport without flying to another more major airport. Plus the tickets are real expensive. Unfortunately, I have to eliminate Toledo Bend, because it is a GREAT bass fishing lake.

Drove to Lufkin, TX for a night's rest. Don't know exactly what I'm going to do tomorrow. I am close to Lake Fork and Cedar Creek Lake. May visit one or both tomorrow. I think, however, that I will ultimately eliminate Lake Fork because it is 2 hours from DFW ( without traffic), and is very isolated from civilization ( read a social life). Man does not live by bass alone. That narrows it down to Cedar Creek (11/2 hrs from DFW) and Granbury Lake (1hr. and 20 min. from DFW).

I think my next step is to find a rental lake house at Lake Granbury. I don't expect that there will be a lot of choices of waterfront homes with a dock, but I need to find out. If I can find oue, that is where I will tow my boat beginning on 7/1. Who wants to go on a long road trip?

1 comment:

  1. "Who wants to go on a long road trip?" -- Jackson does! :)

    I request more pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete